Inevitably, the statement will resonate with different people and different provinces in different ways but five elements stand out-
- the absolute priority of proclaiming Christ faithfully to the nations,
- the affirmation of the Primatial leadership of Gafcon,
- the creation of a Synodical Council,
- the establishment of permanent, Communion-wide networks,
- the recommendation of conditional participation in the Instruments of Communion.
This can all be summed-up in one phrase from the Letter, “As the Gafcon movement matures…”
This is a mature statement, born out of a mature process. The Letter shoulders responsibility for the future of the Communion. What began as a conference gave birth to a movement and has now come of age.