OUR WITNESS IN A TIME OF ADVERSITY
Together with our nation, we are facing a time of adversity because of the coronavirus. How should Christians respond?
I. Firstly, we are to PROCLAIM CHRIST’S LORDSHIP
1. We are to find strength in God’s word and in the fellowship of God’s people to believe that the Lord our God is on the throne.
2. The good times and the hard times are all in His hands.
3. God is not the source of the coronavirus but He can harness it to serve His saving purposes. God weeps with those who suffer because of the outbreak. But He is also sovereign over the pestilence and He can use it to reveal who He is – that He is a God who protects, heals and delivers. Because God is love.
4. He is our Covenant-keeping God who promises to take His people through every crisis and accomplish His purpose. Our lives are in His hands.
5. The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ has made Him the Lord of the nations. Jesus Christ is Lord over Singapore. He is Lord over our Deanery countries. We must proclaim it in our prayers and in our times of worshipping together. Christ is sovereign over this outbreak. He is turning the nation God-ward, and He is building the values and social cohesion of the nation.
6. Let us therefore proclaim Christ’s Lordship over our nation and let us trust Him to work out His good and saving purposes.
II. Secondly, we are to PRAY FOR GOD’S MERCY…
— GAFCON (@gafconference) July 9, 2018