[Linda Bell]….told council members she was “alarmed and disheartened” at the number of people not wearing masks, particularly young adults.
While most teenagers and young adults are most resistant to becoming seriously ill from the virus, “you’re imposing that risk . . . on others.”
She added: “These measures from the local jurisdictions are badly needed.”
Under the new emergency ordinance, masks would be required for anyone:
▪ Inside a public building or waiting to enter a public building
▪ Interacting with someone within six feet in an outdoor space
▪ Engaged in business in a private space
▪ Using public or private transportation
▪ Walking in public where maintaining a six-foot distance from others may not be possible.
Columbia now requires you to wear a mask to combat coronavirus. Here are the details https://t.co/hOxML4r56N
— Teri Browne (@TeriBrowne) June 23, 2020