Rosetown’s St. Andrew’s – Trinity Anglican/Lutheran Church celebrated its 100th anniversary over the weekend.
The church has a long history in Rosetown. The building itself began as a mission for Anglican workers who followed the railways out of Regina. The mission house was purchased in 1912 followed by the building of the first church. The early years of the church saw a Sunday School, a ladies group, a choir, and a vestry to oversee the operation of the church.
The first church was then destroyed in a fire in 1918. The church that was built in its place is the same one that stands there today on the corner of Third Avenue and Main Street, and held its first service on October 19th, 1919.
Festivities for the church’s 100th anniversary were quite simple, with a 2 o’clock service, followed by coffee, cake, and snacks in the hall.