Consider what we have experienced in recent days and weeks:
- Another senseless killing by a police officer of an unarmed black man, George Floyd.
- Hundreds of thousands of people participating in peaceful protests.
- The unleashing of a spirit of lawlessness where rioting, violence, destruction of businesses and properties (mostly minority owned), unbridled theft, personal assaults on bystanders, store owners, the elderly, and police officers.
- Covid-19 closing whole countries down, reportedly killing over 100,000 people in the U.S., over 7,000 in Canada, and over 10,000 in Mexico, and creating an economic calamity with tens of millions of people unemployed across North America.
- Numerous businesses and churches have had to close down and many will not reopen.
- Incredible generosity of strangers helping strangers in the midst of calamity.
— ACNA (@The_ACNA) June 2, 2020