Dr. Van De Water assumed active charge of the Parish on the date fixed, January 1st, 1888….We had called a young and able Rector to take charge of us, and “the people had a mind to work” with right good will.
It may be interesting to give some approximate figures of the Parish as they were recorded at the opening of the year 1888.
Number of families – 475
Number of Communicants – 1,000
Sunday scholars – 1,050
Debt on the Church, at 5 per cent – $43,500